Letters to Grace

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

2 years old

Dear Grace, Next month, you will be 2 years old. Hard to believe, but true. People always told me that kids grow up too fast...I didn't think they meant THIS fast. I just re read the letter I wrote to you last year. So much has changed since last year. You are now talking...and putting words together. You tell me "Mommy, I ready" when you're ready to get out of your highchair... You love to swing and sometimes when I pick you up from daycare, we stay late so I can swing you ..and you laugh so hard. It's hilarious. You scream... "I SWING!!!"Your best friends at daycare are Ben and Ava. You love them both and love to hug them and chase them around. Your teachers adore you and you like to stop by their classrooms and give them high 5's or knucks on our way outside in the mornings. Your best friend outside of day care is Kenna. It's evident that you think she is the coolest girl ever. You follow her around and imitate her...smiling and giggling the whole time. You have this funny grin on your face when you are with her...it's almost as if you can forsee the "trouble" you 2 might get into together when you grow up...You like to listen to music and dance in the car. I can't imagine where you would get this from... Currently, you like Elmo, Barney and the Doodle Bops....along with several jazz and hip hop artists (including Miles Davis and Zap Mama). You have a very eclectic taste... Every nite, when you go to bed, we sit in the chair in your room, read a book and sing a song. You like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Now, I have heard some good music in my time...but I don't think I've ever heard a sound so sweet as you singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Other things you like to do: see airplanes and yell AIRPLANE really loud...play with your babies and put them to bed... play in the dirt... pick flowers... kick the soccer ball and throw it and chase it....go to the skate park and watch Chase skate...spend time with your daddy...go to your maw maw's and eat spaghetti while Gino chases you around the restaurant with candy.This year, you are having a swim party for your birthday. I believe the theme will be Hello Kitty. Your Aunt Melissa wanted to have your party at her house this year because you love to swim so much. Everyone is so excited. I hope you know how much I love you and how proud I am of you. You are the most beautiful, special and wonderful thing in my life. Happy 2nd Birthday, Miss Goo!!Love,Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home