Letters to Grace

Thursday, January 24, 2008

3 and a half...whew

Dear Grace,

You are 3 and 1/2 now...and what a busy time it is. There's a few things I want to tell you about so I don't forget them. Time has a way of slipping away and you forget the little things.

We started you in dance class in September. Ballet, Tap and Jazz. You seemed so excited when we went to try on your shoes and get your leotard. You put on your tap shoe and tapped a couple of times with one of your feet..and you really seemed like a natural.

Then, we went to the 1st day of class...and you did not want to go. You cried and cried. I figured since you were in the class with your friend from day care, Ava...you would want to go and like it. You didn't, but we kept at it... and after taking you to class several times screaming..you finally started to like it..and seemed genuinely excited to go to dance class. If I didn't see an interest in you to begin with, I would not have pushed it.. but you really seemed to be catching on and liking it. Then we had Christmas break..and everything seemed to fall apart after that. You screamed and screamed when it was time to go back to dance class. I pushed it for one more class, then... I gave up. I tried. You tried. But you just don't like it. I mean, you like to dance but you don't like the class. You tell me you're scared. I think you might be scared of all the other kids. I used to be intimidated like that when I was little. I thought I could help you past it with a little pushing and encouragement..but it didn't work. So, we went to the bakery, bought you a donut and went home. I hope this does not discourage you if you want to try something in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home