Letters to Grace

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

You are 4!

Dear Grace,

I usually write this letter before your birthday. This year, it didn't come to me until after...

The day you turned 4 was a very emotional day for me. I kept wondering where all the time has gone. It doesn't seem like 4 yrs... Maybe 2. I wanted to check my math and subtract 2004 from 2008 a million times just to make sure. I feel like I've missed some things and should've kept you home more... Taken you more places.. Done more things. But then I think about all we do together as a family and just me and you.. (I don't know many 4 year olds that have been to Jazz Fest in NOLA, seen Santana in concert, rock DC shoes to day care every day and has an open tab and table at Gino's). We have so much fun with you. Your spirit is so strong. People stop me all the time and tell me how beautiful you are.. And its so true. For the most part you are kind and polite and have started using please and thank you more. Sir and mam are still an issue. You have your moments believe me. You are not above throwing a tantrum and screaming I DONT LIKE YOU MOMMY. YOU'RE NOT MY FRIEND ANYMORE. (as you did just last nite because you didn't want to go to bed). But you always come and apologize...

You are obsessed with babies and are constantly caring for all of your babies. I will walk in your room at times and there will be babies all over the floor and bed ... All on pillows and covered up. Recently, Ninny and Aunt Teri (who you've started calling uncle teri) had their babies.. So you walk around with babies under your shirt saying 'Mommy... Theres a baby in there and its coming out...' You like to pretend you are the Mommy and/or the teacher and tell everyone what to do. It's really cute.

You really like Dora, Diego, Sponge Bob and Strawberry Shortcake right now. Currently, your favorite song is Doin Somethin by Soulive. Everytime I put it on, you start to dance! You are loving soccer and about to start your 2nd full season in the fall.

You are a true cajun girl at heart. You love to dance, eat and hang with your friends and family. You even love boudin and learned how to peel your own crawfish this year!! What more could I ask for?

So proud.

Love you, Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home