Letters to Grace

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Grace!!


Dear Grace,

It doesn't seem like another year has gone by. You will be 5 in just a few weeks. I know it seems to you like it takes forever to get to your next birthday, but to me it goes by in the blink of an eye. People tell me all the time how sweet you are... And they are right. Even at this age, your thoughtfulness and genuine concern for the people you love is evident in everything you do. Emotionally, you are very sensitive, just like me. You cry easily and if there is any indication that you may have upset or hurt someone, it devastates you to the point that its almost impossible to comfort you. I find myself having to put up a brave, strong front at times, when it's not really my nature, just to try to thicken your skin a little. I used to think you were such a daddy's girl, and you still are...but lately you've become really attached to me. You can be very demanding at times, but I truly love it. I love who you are and the person I see you growing into.

Physically, you are very strong and you still straddle the tom boy/prissy girl line on a moment to moment basis. You are loving soccer. You scored another goal this season and seem to really understand the game.

You are creative. You love to make things... Jewelry, drawings, paintings and you LOVE to write books at school. Your books are so special to me and I will cherish them forever. You went from day care to pre k at a new school this year. it was a rough few days at the beginning, but you adjusted despite yourself and love it now. Every day when I pick you up from school you have to stop by the gym to see what's going on in there. You are facsinated by it. You've told me you want to be a cheerleader and a basketball player.

Favorite songs: music/madonna, I know I can/nas, everybody nose/nerd, we don't want no war/michael foster project, ridin dirty/chamillionaire. Yeah, I know I'm wrong for letting you listen to some of these songs... But you do have ME as a mother... You also like some kanye but I won't list those songs... I'll definitely be in trouble.

Favorite shows: Phineas and Pherb, Any of the Marvel Comics shows, Spongebob

When I wrote this letter last year you were on your way to peeling crawfish all by yourself. This year, you have mastered the art! You have a great appetite and love to try new foods.

Your favorite things to do are to go by ginos and see your mawmaw and just visit with friends in general. You are constantly asking to go by the restaurant, to stop by your nannys or visit with Kenna, James or Charlie. You are definately a social butterfly and it's already difficult keeping up with your schedule. I can't imagine how it will be in a few years.

You are and always will be my sweet girl.

Happy Birthday!

I love you,
Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home